Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sugat ng Bayani (a hero's wound)

I had sometime working as an animator before. I actually did some tweening for "One Piece" and a few other TV TOEI anime such as "poor sisters" and "Precure Splash Star," etc. This video is totally my pen so after painting a few Backgrounds and drawing a few hundred cells I spent countless hours putting them all together using my old beat-up pc. I came up with a 10-minute video all in all and this is just a fragment.

It was in 1997 when I wrote and drew the first pages of the comicbook of the same title and it, up to this point just as the animation, remains unpublished. I had approached the 2 largest TV networks in the Philippines regarding this but they broke my heart!

It's free to dream but it appears like our dream gave us more pain than necessary. I've heard that we had the right dream but the Philippines is not the right place to cater to such ambitions. What a horrible insight but so far, it remains true for us as we are still holding on.

3 comments:

MOTOKO said...

yaaa! You did this in 2003 and u never showed me?! this is soo good! Keep up the good work! You're still one of the best!!!

Anonymous said...

nice dude! wish to see more interesting stories.. RMG

Unknown said...

Keep the dream alive bro. One of us, at least, has to leave something to this world.

Bani